On 25th October 2014, a group of Methodist Adult and Jr. Adult Fellowship members had visited the Indigenous church and preaching centre in Sugut region namely Mononood and Tarwagan. Total 13 church members and Rev. Sia How Ling had participated in this one day mission trip. Our journeys are recorded as belows :-
07:00am – We started our journey from Sy En Methodist Church, Sandakan with 3 unit vehicles.
10:30am – Arrived at Mononood Church and unloaded the old cloths, medicines and food stuffs for local church members.
11:00am – After having a tea break, we continue our journey to visit Tawangan Preaching Centre led by Rev. Markus. The journey is about 8 km and spent about 25 minutes of travel.
01:00pm – Returned back to Mononood Church and lunch (arranged by Pastor Ivy.)
02:00pm – Departed from Mononood Church to visit new proposed site for Binsulung Church.
05:30pm – Arrived Sy En Methodist Church, Sandakan.
In this visit, the following issues had been informed, raised and discussed with Rev. Markus and Pastor Ivy as follows :-
- The Sunday Worship/ Service for Binsulung Church had now been joined with Mononood Church after that church had been dismantled due to ageing.
- The Tawangan Preaching Centre had been upgraded, the wooded wall with grill and rain water gutter had been installed. And 1 unit genset wooden hut had also been constructed beside the preaching centre.
- 1 unit poly tank (recommend 400 gallon) is required to store rain water for cleaning purpose, 1 unit church’s signboard measuring about 2 ½’ x 6’ and a cross shall be installed before the opening ceremony for Tawangan Preaching Centre by the president Rev. Dr. Hii in near future.
- Noticed the roofing of the Mononood Church had been corroded but there is still no sign of leaking.
- The construction of 1 unit prayer room (ground floor) cum observation tower (upper floor) are in progress at the hill slope in front of the Mononood Church. The project was carried out by the local church members. The construction materials were transferred from Binsulung Church after dismantling.
- Visited a new proposed site to build a new Binsulung Church. The land was bought by Mononood church at RM7,000.00 and the status of the land was under application in land department. It was located about 600 m from the junction highway. Currently the area had been flatten and the area was estimated about 20 m x 50 m. The propose site was not subjected to flood according Rev. Markus. He had also suggested that if they can acquired additional hill land in front, it will be better because the earth from the hill can be used to reclaim the low side, thus can increase the area by double than the existing now. So that, it will be enough area to build pastor’s house and the main church building separately. As regard to this, Rev. Markus will liaise with land owner to discuss and follow up this matter. During the initial discussion, they suggest to build a church that can accommodate 200 members at ground floor (40’x80’) and the upper floor will consist of training room, meeting room, utility room and etc.
Lets us pray together and support for the B.M ministry in Sabah.
Your kind attention is very much appreciated.
Reported by : Ling Wah King (Sy En Methodist Church, Sandakan)